Monday, November 22, 2010

My humble beginnings

Oops!  It looks like I forgot to shave that morning!

Photobucket

Yeah, I was a cheerleader.  Don't hate.  I certainly wasn't a very good one.  When I would do "jumps" it was all I could do to stay in the air long enough before I came crashing back down and avoid landing on my ass.  This is a trait of mine that Mr. Siss picked up on very early into our relationship.  He finds it hilarious.  Calls me "Sky Low."  I can't entirely make sense of the name, but I think you're pickin' up what I'm puttin' down.  This white girl can't jump.  Case in point:


Photobucket

While my brother was here visiting, I wanted to prove to my man that this inability to achieve any height greater than 2-3" is purely genetic, not indicative of a lack of skill and general athletic prowess.  I have only posted three photos here, however, there are five or six in the series.  This is fine proof that either a) it really is that hard (that's what she said) to capture us in the air or b) Mr. Siss has horrible photographic timing.  

Just because he can jump up a million feet in the air without even trying....honestly.  He just doesn't understand the plight of big bootied people with low centers of gravity.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh lord the cheerleader photo! I probably worked on my bangs for an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke...I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one that wrestled with my dang ol' bangs forever just to get them right! I wanted mine to look just like yours! ;) I can happily say that now if they are not to my liking, I just take a little clip and bye bye bangs!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment!