Thursday, November 11, 2010

What's on Soriah's phone?

It's "What's on your phone" Tuesday and I wanna play!!!  (Shhh...it's already Thursday)  Here are some of the random photos that were on my phone today. 

My brother and his wife came to Kansas for a visit in September for my b'day.  We went bowling.  It was a slaughter and by slaughter, I mean I was the one slaughtered.  I had just given my brother this shirt that night.  Pretty awesome, right?  I love this pic because it's pretty much how I picture my brother's expression as he gets out of bed every morning.  Yeah, he's one of those people.





I decided to get all crafty and take a little foray into hair clips, using artificial flowers from Hobby Lobby.  The funny thing is that my original inspiration was to wear one in my hair for a friend's wedding, that pretty orchid there on the left.  Well, after spending many nights in bed envisioning how beautiful I would look with my new fake flower hair clip positioned just perfectly in my 'do, I freakin' forgot to pack it!  Or any of them for that matter.  But to all my packing critics I say to you, it was because of my overpacking that I had THREE other hair accessory choices.  Yep, sure did.





Having a little fun here at home with an app on my phone.  My man and my dog. 



We drove to Kansas City for a big art fair on my birthday weekend.  It's a two hour drive okay?



My lovely sister-in-law, Maria, all Andy Warhol-ed.



Playing with my Retro Camera app on the drive.  I love that app!!!
 Plus, I had just gotten my new phone (a Samsung Vibrant...no big deal) so I was taking a ton of pictures with it that day.  Me and my honey.

A cool looking Asian statue at the art fair.

Chinese lanterns!!


I love big, fluffy skies against a blue bird sky, along with a breezy autumn day.  


Country Club Plaza in KC has all of these buildings that are covered in Mosaic tile so that along with aforementioned skies, plus new phone, equals lots of pics.


My soldier headed off to work.  I couldn't resist.  Sometimes he is just photo worthy.


I ride my bike to work and every day for a couple of weeks I was passing this beautiful tree.


Sunset somewhere. 

I drew this while subbing for a reading teacher a few weeks ago.  The kids were drawing bats and I decided to get in on the action.  Stella Luna is a bat character from one of the books that was there for me to use as a sample.  I totally made those 8-year olds jealous.  






My man and I decided to finally carve pumpkins this year and make it into a contest.  This was my entry.  



But as you can see, he totally kicked my butt.  The man's got skills, what can I say?


Two great friends of mine in San Francisco, posing with a plastic penguin.  This other couple that was with us take it with them wherever they travel, kind of like the whole gnome thing.  It has its own backpack.  If people have a prop, they will pose for a photo...every time.  Give them a plastic turd.  It doesn't matter.  They'll pose.





Sometimes, when you don't have access to a mirror, you just take a picture of yourself with your phone.  You know you do!






My friend's little boy decided he wanted to go in the kiddie pool, in his clothes, in 60-degree weather.  


My AMAZING Thai lunch while in San Francisco.  God, I just wanna eat my way through that city!!!


My man's back hair.  I took this to try and give him an idea of just how much hair is presently sprouting on his back.  It's my way of taunting him, he of super high metabolism and ideal height.  You gotta find some way to tear a person down you know?


My man really enjoys a good snooze on our couch.  It's one of the things in life that he treasures dearly.  On this particular evening, he was in no way interested in waking from his slumber to go brush his teeth.  Or even go straight to the bed for that matter (you know you do it).  At the moment he seemed to find this position more comfortable than our soft bed and was making proclamations stating so.  He did not remember this scene so I was glad to have documentation.


I totally showed this pumpkin who's boss.  Once I got it halfway cut open after sawing and sawing away at it, I just ripped open the rest of it with my bare hands.  Rarrrgh!!!


Something possessed me to go buy a puzzle over the weekend.  I think that was after doing puzzles with kids while subbing.  I thought to myself, "Hey, that will be something to keep me still while I listen to my favorite podcasts!"  1000 pieces...out of the gate.  No big deal.




A test pic I sent to my sis-in-law to see if she could fancy herself wearing this after I buy it for her.  



 My first ever batch of pumpkin seeds.  I might've over-buttered.  Is that really possible?


 Dang this puzzle!!  Up until the trees it was all find and dandy.  Fast moving.  Now things are moving at an excruciating snail's piece.  It's not even fun anymore!  Puzzle...I resent you!!

1 comment:

  1. i always take pictures of my teeth to make sure i don't have food in them. glad i'm not the only one. wait...am i?

    love the pumpkins. u shoulda won.
    love that you ride ur bike to work.
    love your hat.
    love your man asleep on the couch. it makes me miss my Lover.


    and i LOOOOOOVE that u participated this week!! see u next week!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment!