Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What's on Soriah's phone? From the frozen tundra


I finally ventured out of my living room a few times to play, "What's on your phone?"  Yay, me.  There were a couple of really slim weeks there where the only photos I could have submitted would've been, yet again, more pics of my dog and Mr. Siss.

The first one here is a little gem from Wal-Mart.  Apparently this little guy can read!  Or, maybe, just maybe, he used his sense of smell.  But I like to think it is his adept literacy skills and appreciation for the English language, don't you?


My boss lent me this book.  It is an amazing story that tells what happened to this family in the weeks following Hurricane Katrina.  It totally blew my mind.  I lived in New Orleans following Katrina working as an insurance adjuster, but was not there until five weeks or so after the storm.  This book gives me a whole new appreciation and perspective on DUE PROCESS.  A fascinating read!!


WE GOT A NEW CAR!!  This is our new Subaru Outback!  We are so completely pysched because we have both wanted one for a long time.  We have gotten the windows tinted since this photo and it looks way better.  Now I am back to driving a manual too.  Giddy up.


Who else has to resort to such tactics when their man makes a trip to the store solo??  And btw...this lotion is AWESOME.  And cheap.  What more can you ask for out of a moisturizer?  (Yeah, it even smells good.)



I decided to try my hand at a watercolor.  I think my age was in the single digits since I last participated in this artsy activity.  I am no artist and can only draw the simplest of things, so I have to supplement this using my sense of humor.  My dad liked it a lot and I had fun doing it so I feel successful. 



We are visiting Mr. Siss' family in Anchorage.  This are the results of Day #1 in the annual Spades tournament.  His mom and I kicked the boys' butts! 




A shot of the mountains surrounding Anchorage. 






I'm pretty sure this might be the world's tiniest house.  Or at least the tiniest one in Kansas!  It is down the street from our house and we noticed the 'for sale' sign the other day.  Should we put in an offer?  We could move Lola into it and it could become the world's largest dog house!





The front porch shot of the in-law's pretty house.  A winter wonderland!


I got a pedicure yesterday and was flipping through gossip mags and saw this.  I think it's disgusting.  Who thinks this is pretty??  Blech.  She looks like a giraffe.


I used to do my hair like this all the time when I didn't feel up for the whole blow dry process.  And Mr. Siss hates it!  So I took this pic to show him how de rigeur I am.  Not that it will change his mind one bit.  But still...



I took this on the plane on the way up to AK.  We got to fly first class all the way.  It was awesome!!  I ate my face off and even had champagne!!


Another shot of the beautiful mountains.  I love my little Retro Camera app.


Mr. Siss at the wheel, happy to be visiting home.


Moi, happy to be on vacation.


More fun with the Retro Camera app.














7 comments:

  1. those pictures of AK are incredible! I would have run screaming from Walmart if I'd have spotted the bird - maybe that's why I never have any awesome pictures on my phone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those mountain pics are so pretty!
    I think you should totally put in an offer on that tiny house. Why not?!...
    And ya, she totally looks like a giraffe. lol. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want a retro camera app! those pics look cool!
    sheesh, my right thigh could live in that tiny house, wtc??
    tinted out windows, waddup gangsta? lol jk, yippee for new car!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much should I put in as an offer? Ha ha. $4500?

    WhoeFam...do you have an Android phone? If so, the retro camera app is totally free and it is called just that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those mountains are beautiful! I would love to buy the miniature house and put it in my back yard as a play house :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to let you know, I am completely jealous of those mountains. Im sorry but one day you will wake up and I will have stolen them lol
    I dont see how that model got on that show..she has really creepy long legs like a spider..
    ohh oatmeal and shea..that sounds so yummy! (as lotion of course :p)

    ReplyDelete
  7. those mountains really are beautiful. wow. but i hate cold. so no. pretty in pictures is enuf for me.

    that house is hilarious. i think i might be taller than it.

    sky high hair!!! i'm gonna work it tomorrow at church!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment!